Gordon Choi’s Summary
- Over 10 years of search engine marketing (SEO/PPC), SEO/PPC analytics, web analytics, web conversion rate optimization, webite product development/operations, web performance optimization & web content management for large websites
- Provided solutions and developed/integrated SEO/PPC/web analytics data centers for multiple teams across large, multilingual websites
- Led multilingual travel website development projects
- Led search teams with multi-million dollar marketing budgets to meet performance-based KPI
- Search Engines
- Web Analytics / Search Analytics
- Web Business Solutions
- Large-size Multilingual Travel Websites
- Online Marketing
- Website Content Management
- Web-based Tools
Ctrip.com (China, Jun 2009 – Aug 2012)
Ctrip.com’s International Website (Jul 2011 – Aug 2012)
- Gordon Choi managed Ctrip International site’s Website Development/Operation, Analytics, SEO and Content Management/Translation teams who were responsible for website operations, website development projects, web conversion rate optimization, SEO analytics, data center development & integration, multilingual content development and web performance optimization.
Webmaster to sites:
m.ctrip.com/e (mobile site)
Lvping.com (Jan 2011 – Jun 2011)
- Gordon Choi managed the Analytics team of Lvping.com (a subsidiary site of Ctrip), provided solutions on site domain migration to maximize on SEO/web analytics benefits, and led the setup of Lvping.com’s data center to integrate with third party web analytics and Lvping.com’s KPI metrics: Website traffic, SEO, member registration, user generated content, and hotel reviews.
Ctrip.com (Jun 2009 – Dec 2010)
- Gordon Choi managed the SEO/PPC/Analytics teams who were responsible for the Ctrip.com site’s search marketing budgets, and provided solutions and led the integration of Ctrip’s SEO/PPC data center with in-house KPI metrics and third party systems/tools.
Alibaba.com (China, Sep 2007 – Jun 2009)
- Gordon Choi built a Search Engine Marketing (SEM) team and was responsible for the overall SEM strategies for Alibaba.com. Gordon shifted Alibaba.com’s SEM to a high-end technology-based operation by introducing third party SEM auto-bidding and management systems.
- Gordon raised Alibaba.com’s SEM team into industry specialists by training them on all aspects of SEM industry know-how & operations. Gordon also improved Alibaba’s different internal business units on their understanding & perspective of SEM.
- Gordon managed the relationships of Alibaba.com’s search engine and system vendors, and improved the cost-effectiveness of Alibaba.com’s SEM operations.
Clicks2Customers.com (South Africa, Feb 2006 – Sep 2007)
- At Clicks2Customers, Inc. Gordon Choi managed a paid search marketing team of 16 people including campaign managers and assistants in which the team concurrently managed over 50 projects. Client projects included some of the biggest names in the US, UK and Australia mainly in the retail and travel sectors.
Slickstreet Marketing (South Africa, Feb 2002 – Jan 2006)
- Gordon previously worked for Slickstreet Marketing and managed extremely enormous budgets across over 80 PPC search engines. Gordon also researched and developed PPC and SEO strategies.
Gordon Choi’s Blog
- Gordon Choi’s Blog is a Search Engine Marketing Blog – Offers Google, Yahoo, Bing and Baidu SEO/PPC Insights, Conversion Optimization, Conversion Tracking, Web Traffic Analytics and Web Tools.
Gordon Choi’s Online Profiles