Google launched Adwords Enhanced CPC, a new bidding option to get more conversions and higher ROI with your maximum CPC bids.
How Adwords Enhanced CPC Works
Each time your ad shows up, Adwords Enhanced CPC automatically increases and/or reduces your maximum CPC bid to acquire more conversions at or below your current CPA.
- To use Adwords Enhanced CPC, Adwords conversion tracking is required. Adwords analyzes your campaign’s historical conversion tracking data and determines your new maximum CPC bids.
- A click may cost more than your pre-set maximum CPC bid, as Adwords Enhanced CPC can raise your Max CPC bids by up to 30%.
- Adwords Enhanced CPC works on search targeting campaigns (Google’s domains and Google’s search network) and Adwords content targeting campaigns (Google’s content network).
Adwords Help provides official explanation on Enhanced CPC.
How Adwords Enhanced CPC Works with Other Adwords Tools
When Google Adwords Enhanced CPC is enabled, other Adwords tools will be incompatible for use:
- Adwords Editor: Changes to your campaigns cannot be posted through AdWords Editor
- Adwords Conversion Optimizer with Max CPA bidding
- Adwords Conversion Optimizer Target CPA bidding
When Google Adwords Enhanced CPC is enabled, other Adwords tools can be used concurrently:
- Adwords Content Network Demographic Bidding: The demographic bid multipliers you set will be applied in each auction
- Advanced Ad Scheduling
- Adwords Automatic Bidding: The CPC bid limit you set will be treated as a limit on the Enhanced CPC bid