Besides Google Adwords keyword-based search ads, Google also offers different ad formats for advertisers through Google Display Network:
- Text-based ads
- Image-based ads
- Video-based ads
Google Display Network offers at least 8 different image ad sizes.
- Leaderboard (728 x 90)
- Banner (468 x 60)
- Small Square (200 x 200)
- Skyscraper (120 x 600)
- Wide Skyscraper (160 x 600)
- Square (250 x 250)
- Medium Rectangle (300 x 250)
- Large Rectangle (336 x 280)
Google Display Network makes it possible for advertisers to explore their websites to visitors within Google’s partner sites such as YouTube, other Google web properties and a large group of small websites. In Google Display Network:
- Ads can be run through Adwords Remarketing.
- Adwords Display ad campaigns can be managed as automatic placement or managed placement.
- Adwords View-through conversion is a metric that measures measures the number of online conversions occurred within 30 days after a user saw but did not click an Adwords display ad on one of the websites within the Google display network.