What is Adwords Remarketing and How Does Remarketing Retarget Ads?
Google’s Remarketing is a feature of Adwords interest-based advertising. First time visitors to your website may not convert into sales or leads. Remarketing enables Google to show ads to visitors who previously visited your site, based on users’ cookies.
Ad retargeting can work extremely well when the ad network’s audience coverage is relatively large. Google’s Adwords PPC ads are shown to 80% of all Internet users in the world that include:
- Web search users who use Google Web Search, Image Search, Search Network partners, and Google’s other search sites.
- Website visitors who visit Adsense and Doubleclick publishers’ sites.
How Does Adwords Remarketing Use Search Ads to Retarget Content Network?
Visitors to your site previously through Adwords PPC search ads can be retargeted via Remarketing when they visit websites within Google’s Content Network.
Adwords Remarketing Setup
To enable Google Remarketing,
- Create “Remarketing lists”. Follow this to create your Remarketing lists.
- Insert Remarketing tracking codes onto the web pages that are to capture visitors’ cookies.
Google Tools Developed for Adwords Content Network
Google invented many PPC tools for advertisers to improve audience targeting on Adwords content network.
- Adwords Conversion Tracking – Track and review your Adwords content targeted campaigns’ performance.
- Adwords Placement Report – Discover which Google’s Content Network websites generate high ROI for your site.
- Adwords Conversion Optimizer – Optimize your Adwords content targeted campaigns with auto-bidding, based on your campaigns’ histories and cost-per-conversion (CPA).
- Adwords Content Network Demographic Bidding – Set the demographics that your Adwords ads will appear through Google content targeting campaigns.
- Adwords Display Ad Builder – Create display ads for Adwords content targeting campaigns with Google’s pre-defined image ad templates.
- Google Ad Planner for Adwords Placement Campaigns – Select websites that your target audience often visits and target your audience through Adwords Placement campaigns.
- Adwords interest-based advertising – Reach online audiences based on their interests and the content they are viewing. The two types of interest-based advertising are Remarketing and Interest Category Marketing.