- Bing.com – Microsoft’s search engine
- Qunar.com – Chinese travel search engine that allows users to compare flight prices
Currently, search results of both Bing and Qunar show up on Baidu’s search engine results pages (SERP) in different ways.
Bing’s Search Results on Baidu
Your website may appear up to a maximum of 3 times on Baidu’s SERP with an English keyword search on Baidu through:
- Baidu PPC – Ad that appears above all organic search results or on the right side of Baidu
- Baidu SEO/Organic – Search result that shows up below paid search ads but before Bing’s organic search results
- Bing SEO/Organic – Search result that shows up immediately after Baidu’s organic search results
Chinese Travel Search Engine Qunar.com on Baidu
Baidu’s acquisition of Qunar.com, Chinese travel search engine, allows Baidu to integrate with Qunar on Baidu.
Qunar offers real-time searches for air and train tickets, hotels and tour packages. It also provides travel-related resources such as group-buying deals and user discussion forums.
More Qunar’s information will be integrated into Baidu’s search results and there will be more travel-related data, content and applications on Baidu.
For example, a keyword search of “Guangzhou Hotels” (i.e. In Chinese Pinyin it is guangzhou jiudian) on Baidu shows a Qunar ad at the top right corner of Baidu’s search results pages:
The most common way for Chinese webmasters to advertise on Baidu is through the new Baidu PPC auction system. Before Baidu’s acquisition of Qunar, the top right corner ad slot used to be a bid-for ad slot through Baidu Phoenix Nest. Baidu’s PPC ads are now pushed down.
The same search shows a hotel search box that is immediately below the 10 PPC ads but above Baidu’s organic search results through the implementation of Baidu box computing:
Optimize Sites for Baidu SEO, Baidu PPC
To optimize your websites for Baidu’s organic search rankings:
- Use Baidu keyword research tool to create the keyword list for your site.
- Submit site to Baidu through Baidu Webmaster Tools.
- Optimize your site’s Robots.txt for Baidu.
- Add your site to Hao123.com.
To optimize Baidu PPC:
- Manage your Baidu PPC account with Baidu Editor.
- Run reports to get Baidu PPC search queries.
- Use Baidu PPC conversion tracking.
- Participate in Baidu’s Brank Link ads.