Baidu recently launched a PPC editor, Baidu Editor 1.0 which is a tool that allows Phoenix Nest advertisers to create/edit campaigns, ad groups, ads and keywords offline. Baidu PPC advertisers can then post their new campaigns or changes to the Phoenix Nest system.
Baidu Editor is a tool that should be installed and run locally on your computer, and is similar to Google’s Adwords Editor. The interfaces of Baidu Editor and Google’s Adwords Editor are almost identical.
Download your Baidu Phoenix Nest PPC account onto your local computer through Baidu Editor before making changes. Baidu Editor allows you to:
- Create a new campaign
- Create an ad group or create/edit multiple ad groups
- Create a single ad or create/edit multiple ads
- Add a single keyword or add/edit multiple keywords
- Set campaign budgets
- Set ad delivery methods
- Edit keyword match types (exact/phrase/broad)
- Update keyword CPC or ad group CPC
- Update keyword destination URLs or ad destination URLs
- Pause / deactivate campaigns / ad groups / ads / keywords
Use Baidu Editor to look up duplicate keywords in your Baidu PPC account, and then pause/remove those unnecessary duplicate keywords from triggering search queries on Baidu.
Baidu Editor can check the changes you have made in your Phoenix Nest account but have not been synchronized to your account copy in Baidu Editor. This ensures you always have the “freshest” account copy before making any changes to your Baidu PPC account.