Through Baidu Search Open Platform, webmasters can submit applications as data feeds to Baidu that may appear above Baidu’s organic search results. Baidu’s box computing is about enabling Baidu’s users to create user-generated content (UGC) that will show up within Baidu’s SERP.
Baidu Box Computing
Baidu’s box computing will:
- Change Baidu to a user-generated content site, besides a Chinese search engine.
- Increase Chinese Internet users’ time spending on Baidu’s search results pages by contributing and consuming user-generated content.
- Eliminate/reduce search arbitraged websites’ opportunities through Baidu SEO and Baidu PPC.
- Increase the number of Chinese web sites being audited through Baidu search open platform.
Baidu Box Computing Examples
New examples to Baidu Search Open Platform include:
- Battle Tank Games – Select one of the battle tank game applications and play on Baidu’s search results page.
- The 3 Kingdoms – Watch one of the 3 Kingdoms video clips on Baidu’s search results page.
- Douban Radio Station – Listen to Douban music on Baidu’s search results page.
Box computing is only one way to get visibility on Baidu, conventional search engine optimization of your website for Baidu is still important.
- To include your site in Baidu’s search engine index, submit site to Baidu.
- To prevent some of your website’s content showing up on Baidu’s organic search results, block URLs with Baidu’s Robots.txt.
Advertising on Baidu
- Market your site through Baidu PPC Phoenix Nest.
- Monitor your Baidu PPC’s performance through Baidu PPC conversion tracking.