Search engine optimization for Bing requires understand of Bing’s search algorithm which differs from Google’s and Yahoo’s algorithms. This Bing SEO check list was compiled from Microsoft Bing’s official community and help sections:
- Search engine optimization (SEO) for Bing – Bing offers official interpretations about Bing’s SEO principles.
- Guidelines for successful indexing – The first thing is to get your website crawled by Bing’s MSNBot and included in Bing’s search engine index. This guideline offers technical and content recommendations for your website.
- Submit your website to Bing – If your web site is not yet in Bing’s index, submit your site to Bing.
- About the Bing Webmaster Center Tools – Use Bing’s Webmaster Tools to discover technical issues of your site.
- Prevent a bot from getting lost in space – Learn how to use Robots.txt, Sitemap and META tag’s Robots attribute to make it easy for Bing’s MSNBot to find your web pages.
- Crawl delay and the Bing crawler MSNBot – Bing offers webmasters the ability to slow down MSNBot’s crawl rate so that large websites (with hundreds of thousands of pages) can be relieved from web server load issues.
- Common errors that can tank a site – Your website must be free of invalid mark-up codes, bad links, and other major coding errors.
- Download Bing’s Whitepaper for Webmasters.
Bing’s search engine optimization tips from other SEO experts:
- Microsoft Bing implications for search engine optimization – iCrossing’s Collin Cornwell listed the technical details of Bing’s search algorithm.
- SEO differences between Google and Bing – Search Engine Journal’s Ann Smarty believes Bing’s algorithm prefers web pages from large sites and gives more weight to keywords in URLs and capitalized terms.
- Optimizing for Bing – SEO Book reckons on-page SEO, quality inbound linking and domain age are the 3 major factors to rank well on Bing
- Bing SEO, how does it differ to Google and A further Bing SEO update – SEOwizz.net ran some tests to show how Bing’s algorithm differs from Google’s algorithm.
- Bing Optimization – Webconfs summarized the important factors for Bing search engine optimization.
Revise Google, Yahoo and Bing search algorithms to leverage the maximum search engine traffic from the top 3 search engines.