Over the recent years I have spoken in a few Internet conferences including WAW China, Clickz Live & Guoping's private events. In between some events are actual workshops in which I trained people on web analytics and search engines.
WAW China Shanghai July 2016
How to become a Data Analyst in the Mobile Internet Era?
- Excel' Pivot Tables and Vlookup
- SQL and databases
- Third-party web & app analytics
- Data warehouse
- Google Analytics
- Google Analytics sampled data
- Cookies on HTML5 websites, IDFAs on iOS apps, and AIDs on Google Android apps
- Data segmentation: App version, operating system versions, device models, and screen resolutions
- Track data per user, and multi-screen data tracking issue
- Mobile app development, a plus
Self/Critical Thinking Ability for Analysis:
- Sales vs. shaved heads
- The other foot
- Spot the 8 differences
- My old blog's long-tail SEO
- Read technical books
- Search engine algorithms such as Solr, programming languages such as Python, etc
- Data mining
- The 10,000-hour rule
- Products = commercial + technical
And finally, spend your time doing something useful!
WAW China Hangzhou April 2016
Mobile Analytics Basics and Major Issues
- The scope of mobile analytics should include both HTML5 web and mobile apps.
- Google shared a report with data showing within all mobile users (including users accessing HTML5 websites and mobile apps), 81% e-commerce users preferred completing transactions on mobile apps, 60% preferred comparing product prices on mobile apps, and 59% preferred searching product on mobile apps.
- Cookies, IDFAs and AIDs can be inaccurate. For each browser or each machine a person uses, he/she gets a unique (or new) cookie. IDFAs and AIDs can be manually reset by users on their mobile phones.
- You can segment your mobile users by any of the metrics including operating system (OS) versions, device models, screen resolutions or your mobile app's version numbers.
- Your mobile analytics tool must be able to take care of users coming through deeplinking. i.e. A user clicks on a Google or Baidu organic search result which is a HTML web page, but is automatically redirected to the corresponding "screen" of your mobile app.
WAW China Beijing April 2015
A modified version of the materials that was presented at WAW Shanghai in March 2015: Mobile SEO for Chinese Websites & Analytics
- Expect Baidu's mobile searches to have exceeded web searches by the end of 2015.
- Create strategy, develop mobile friendly website and set up SEO analytics for your online business in China.
- Develop multiple websites for desktop and mobile.
- Develop a single website that is implemented with responsive design principles.
- Monitor and improve your mobile website's loading speed.
- Monitor your SEO performance: Build your SEO dashboard reports and daily/weekly reports.
- Drill further down into your SEO data if it is required for full analysis.
WAW China Shanghai March 2015
How to Leverage Mobile Search Traffic in China?
- A real case with real web data of a non-profit organization (based in China) was demonstrated.
- Browsers, screen resolutions, operating systems, mobile network operators and mobile phone brands are all important factors to considered for the Chinese mobile search market.
- It is important to develop a full set of SEO analytics reports in order to understand the behavior of your mobile users.
Guoping’s Private Event Hangzhou March 2015
I have shared my views and some cases for China’s many exporting businesses on how they can make good use of Google AdWords, why mobile search is important and how mobile search traffic can be leveraged.
Search Engine Marketing Workshop Hong Kong September 2014
I presented a workshop to an audience size of over 20 on search engine marketing. The workshop materials include:
- Why search engines are important for your online business?
- Set up your PPC marketing strategies for your own markets or for multiple markets.
- Research keywords for your business.
- Write compelling ad copies that can sell your products.
- Histories of PPC search engines
- Mobile PPC: What is new?
- The auto bidding and management systems that is suitable for your business.
- Getting users from organic search: The basics of search engine optimization (SEO)
Web Analytics Essentials Workshop at Clickz Live Shanghai 2012
I presented the Web Analytics Essentials workshop to an audience size of over 20 at Clickz. The workshop materials include:
- Web Analytics principles and scope
- Google Analytics basic setup
- Web Analytics reports & KPI metrics for web analysts focusing on PPC & SEO
- Google Analytics tips
- Google Analytics advanced setup
Social Media Tracking Tools at Clickz Live Shanghai 2012
Tools to track social media include: Google Analytics, URL shorteners, and social influence measurement tools.
Developed by Gordon Choi
Copyright @ 2006-2017 www.gordonchoi.com
Analytics Powered by Folks Analytics