Google Ad Planner for advertisers is currently available to anyone with a Google account. Recently, Google Ad Planner for Publishers (aka the Publisher Center) has been launched. As it is named, Publisher Center is for webmasters to claim websites that they own.
With the Publisher Center of Google’s Ad Planner, you can:
- Add your site’s description of up to 250 characters
- Include your advertising information page’s URL
- Assign up to 5 categories that your site belongs
- Specify the sites that accept advertising with placement types, creative formats and creative sizes
- Decide to share or not to share your site’s Google Analytics data, if you are already using Google Analytics to track your website’s traffic
Google Ad Planner for Advertisers and Publishers together as a tool allows websites’ advertising information of Adsense webmasters (publishers) to always be ready for Adwords Advertisers who are interested in advertising through Google’s Content Network.
To claim your web site, sign-in to the Publisher Center. To update your site’s information in Google’s Ad Planner, you need to be already using either Google Webmaster Tools or DoubleClick MediaVisor.
Google Webmaster Tools
Upload an HTML file to your webserver directory or add a unique meta tag to your homepage. Instructions
Your verified sites will be available the next time you sign in to Google Ad Planner.
IMPORTANT: You must sign in to Google Ad Planner with the Google Account you use to access DoubleClick Site Directory. Sites you manage in DoubleClick Site Directory will be available immediately.
Google’s Analytics blog previously stated that your individual and site level information gathered from Google Analytics are for benchmarking purposes and will not be shared with Google Trends and Google Ad Planner. The information gathered will only be used to calibrate category data and correct for under- or over- reporting in certain verticals.
How other blogs talked about Google AdPlanner for Publishers:
- Showcase your site with Google Ad Planner’s Publisher Center
- Surface your Google Analytics data in Google Ad Planner