Coincidentally, I saw this ad of Looksmart PPC Power To The People just a couple of days after I posted the 5 Reasons To Avoid 2nd- and 3rd- Tier PPC Search Engines.
In the ad, it claims that Looksmart has over 400 million daily searches. Other impressive traffic related statistics include in categories:
- Health: 25,464,734 daily searches at $0.13 average cost-per-click
- Travel: 16,562,084 daily searches at $0.18 average cost-per-click
- Finance: 23,394,174 daily searches at $0.20 average cost-per-click
- Electronics: 14,410,882 daily searches at $0.14 average cost-per-click
- Home: 9,609,619 daily searches at $0.13 average cost-per-click
- Auto: 11,242,229 daily searches at $0.13 average cost-per-click
- Entertainment: 10,006,069 daily searches at $0.10 average cost-per-click
This above statistics actually tell you that Looksmart’s partner network is more specialized in health-related traffic. The volume on finance came second, though the CPC is the highest among the above categories. Whether the traffic volume equals to the click quality, advertisers will have to run some tests on it.
Interestingly in the ad, Looksmart also branded itself as a non-big-brand ppc search engine. However by signing up to Looksmart via this ad, as paid search advertiser you will get a coupon of $50 value in clicks.
Looksmart is inviting all online advertisers to stand in unison. It’s time someone told the ‘Big Guys’ we’re not going to take it anymore.