Google China’s web search home page www.Google.cn is operational to Chinese web search users again.
www.Google.cn landing page
In March 2010, Google was to exit China and end Chinese operations. Then, Google China redirected web searches to Google.com.hk and closed Google.cn officially.
www.Google.cn returns to Chinese web users as a landing page with a large image. Wherever you click while on www.Google.cn, it redirects you to Google’s Hong Kong web search home page, www.Google.com.hk.
While you can Google 2010 FIFA World Cup’s live scores, FIFA 2010′s 48 group stage matches were completed on 25 June.
Group A Matches
- South Africa 1-1 Mexico
- Uruguay 0-0 France
- South Africa 0-3 Uruguay
- France 0-2 Mexico
- Mexico 0-1 Uruguay
- France 1-2 South Africa
Group A Winners:
- 1st place: Uruguay, 2 win, 1 draw
- 2nd place: Mexico, 1 win, 1 draw, 1 loss
Group B Matches
- Argentina 1-0 Nigeria
- South Korea 2-0 Greece
- Greece 2-1 Nigeria
- Argentina 4-1 South Korea
- Nigeria 2-2 South Korea
- Greece 0-2 Argentina
Group B Winners:
- 1st place: Argentina, 3 win
- 2nd place: South Korea, 1 win, 1 draw, 1 loss
Group C Matches
- England 1-1 USA
- Algeria 0-1 Slovenia
- Slovenia 2-2 USA
- England 0-0 Algeria
- Slovenia 0-1 England
- USA 1-0 Algeria
Group C Winners:
- 1st place: USA, 1 win, 2 draw
- 2nd place: England, 1 win, 2 draw
Group D Matches
- Germany 4-0 Australia
- Serbia 0-1 Ghana
- Germany 0-1 Serbia
- Ghana 1-1 Australia
- Ghana 0-1 Germany
- Australia 2-1 Serbia
Group D Winners:
- 1st place: Germany, 2 win, 1 loss
- 2nd place: Ghana, 1 win, 1 draw, 1 loss
Group E Matches
- Netherlands 2-0 Denmark
- Japan 1-0 Cameroon
- Netherlands 1-0 Japan
- Cameroon 1-2 Denmark
- Denmark 1-3 Japan
- Cameroon 1-2 Netherlands
Group E Winners:
- 1st place: Netherlands, 3 win
- 2nd place: Japan, 2 win, 1 loss
Group F Matches
- Italy 1-1 Paraguay
- New Zealand 1-1 Slovakia
- Slovakia 0-2 Paraguay
- Italy 1-1 New Zealand
- Slovakia 3-2 Italy
- Paraguay 0-0 New Zealand
Group F Winners:
- 1st place: Paraguay, 1 win, 2 draw
- 2nd place: Slovakia, 1 win, 1 draw, 1 loss
Group G Matches
- Cote d’Ivoire 0-0 Portugal
- Brazil 2-1 North Korea
- Brazil 3-1 Cote d’Ivoire
- Portugal 7-0 North Korea
- Portugal 0-0 Brazil
- North Korea 0-3 Cote d’Ivoire
Group G Winners:
- 1st place: Brazil, 2 win, 1 draw
- 2nd place: Portugal, 1 win, 2 draw
Group H Matches
- Honduras 0-1 Chile
- Spain 0-1 Switzerland
- Chile 1-0 Switzerland
- Spain 2-0 Honduras
- Chile 1-2 Spain
- Switzerland 0-0 Honduras
Group H Winners:
- 1st place: Spain, 2 win, 1 loss
- 2nd place: Chile, 2 win, 1 loss
FIFA 2010′s Knockout Stages consist of 8 matches of round of 16, 4 matches of quarter-finals, 2 matches of semi-finals, a third-place match and the final match and will be held from 26 June to 11 July.
- Uruguay vs South Korea – 26 June
- USA vs Ghana – 26 June
- Germany vs England – 27 June
- Argentina vs Mexico – 27 June
- Netherlands vs Slovakia – 28 June
- Brazil vs Chile – 28 June
- Paraguay vs Japan – 29 June
- Spain vs Portugal – 29 June
Footballers who are leading FIFA 2010′s top scoring chart with 3 goals scored:
- Spain’s David Villa
- Argentina’s Gonzalo Higuain
- Slovakia’s Robert Vittek
Players who have scored 2 goals are Brazil’s Elano and Luis Fabiano, Portugal’s Tiago, Japan’s Keisuke Honda, Australia’s Brett Holman, Nigeria’s Uche, Ghana’s Asamoah Gyan, USA’s Landon Donovan, South Korea’s Lee Jung Soo, Uruguay’s Diego Forlan, and Cameroon’s Samuel Eto’o.
Other 16 players each have scored 1 goal.
FIFA Search Trends on Official Google Blog
Besides FIFA World Cup 2010′s Google, Baidu, Bing logos, Google supports South Africa’s FIFA World Cup by publishing a series of football related information on official Google blog:
- Kicking Around Search Trends for the World Cup
- FIFA.com and Google Team Up to Help Fans Celebrate the 2010 FIFA World Cup
- The Week in Search 6/11/10
- Searching for Football Connections
- Vote for the International “I love Football” Doodle 4 Google Winner
Through Yahoo Search Marketing, you can market your website on Yahoo.com and other Yahoo international/global domains, before Yahoo moves all search marketing to Microsoft Bing Adcenter.
In China, many Chinese advertisers do not have:
- The “know-how” to do Yahoo search engine marketing outside of China.
- The time to manage their own Yahoo PPC accounts.
- The language skills to create keyword lists and ads to succeed with Yahoo PPC.
Unofficial Yahoo.com PPC Pricing
Some Chinese advertising agencies (unofficial Yahoo.com reseller) take opportunities and offer help to Chinese advertisers for marketing websites on Yahoo.com.
In this example, the ad agency insists:
- Your ads are assured to appear on Yahoo.com’s first search engine results page.
- The pricing model is subject to change due to other advertisers’ competitions.
The pricing structures focus on search traffic impressions, but do not ensure delivering any clicks to your site. This advertising agency will:
- Rank your highest search traffic and highly competitive keywords between Yahoo sponsored ad positions 1 and 11, from RMB 5,000 per keyword per year, with monthly search impressions greater than 100,000.
- Rank your high search traffic keywords between Yahoo sponsored ad positions 1 and 4, from RMB 6,000 per keyword per year, with monthly search impressions between 30,000 and 100,000.
- Rank your high search traffic keywords between Yahoo sponsored ad positions 5 and 11, from RMB 3,000 per keyword per year, with monthly search impressions between 30,000 and 100,000.
- Rank your medium search traffic keywords between Yahoo sponsored ad positions 1 and 4, from RMB 3,000 per keyword per year, with monthly search impressions between 3,000 and 30,000.
- Rank your medium search traffic keywords between Yahoo sponsored ad positions 5 and 11, from RMB 1,500 per keyword per year, with monthly search impressions between 3,000 and 30,000.
- Rank your low search traffic keywords between Yahoo sponsored ad positions 1 and 11, from RMB 500 – 1,500 per keyword per year, with monthly search impressions less than 3,000.
Problems Buying Yahoo.com Search Impressions
As a Yahoo PPC advertiser, the problem with this impression-guaranteed model is that:
- You are buying impressions that do not necessarily convert into visitors to your site.
- The marketing budget you spend on Yahoo PPC is not based on conversions (or performance).
- You are not optimizing your Yahoo PPC marketing budgets for maximum ROI.
- You may be over-paying this ad agency.
Yahoo Search Marketing (PPC) Optimization
To maximize the ROI from your marketing budgets on Yahoo PPC:
- Create the Yahoo PPC global strategies that fit your goals.
- Follow Yahoo PPC optimization tips.
- Hire professional PPC marketing specialists to manage/optimize your Yahoo PPC and minimize your Yahoo Search Marketing problems.
- Hire professional copywriters to do PPC ad copy writing.
- Avoid Yahoo PPC automatic account optimization.
- Use Yahoo Search Marketing conversion tracking to monitor and review your sales.
Besides FIFA World Cup 2010 Google Logo, look up 2010 FIFA’s live scores on Google. For example, search “Germany vs Australia” to get the live scores of the match and the overviews and statistics of the teams.
South Africa is hosting 2010 FIFA World Cup. The World Cup matches are to play in 10 soccer stadiums of 9 South African cities from 11 June to 11 July:
- Soccer City, Johannesburg (Jo’burg)
- Ellis Park, Johannesburg (Jo’burg)
- Green Point Stadium, Cape Town
- Loftus Versfeld Stadium, Pretoria (Tshwane)
- Free State Stadium, Bloemfontein (Mangaung)
- Moses Mabhida Stadium, Durban
- Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium, Port Elizabeth (Nelson Mandela Bay)
- Royal Bafokeng Stadium, Rustenburg
- Peter Mokaba Stadium, Polokwane
- Mbombela Stadium, Nelspruit
Soccer City Stadium in Johannesburg, South Africa:
The Schedule of the Group Stage Matches
Group A Matches
- South Africa vs Mexico – 11 June
- Uruguay vs France – 11 June
- South Africa vs Uruguay – 16 June
- France vs Mexico – 17 June
- Mexico vs Uruguay – 22 June
- France vs South Africa – 22 June
Group B Matches
- Argentina vs Nigeria – 12 June
- South Korea vs Greece – 12 June
- Greece vs Nigeria – 17 June
- Argentina vs South Korea – 17 June
- Nigeria vs South Korea – 22 June
- Greece vs Argentina – 22 June
Group C Matches
- England vs USA – 12 June
- Algeria vs Slovenia – 13 June
- Slovenia vs USA – 18 June
- England vs Algeria – 18 June
- Slovenia vs England – 23 June
- USA vs Algeria – 23 June
Group D Matches
- Germany vs Australia – 13 June
- Serbia vs Ghana – 13 June
- Germany vs Serbia – 18 June
- Ghana vs Australia – 19 June
- Ghana vs Germany – 23 June
- Australia vs Serbia – 23 June
Group E Matches
- Netherlands vs Denmark – 14 June
- Japan vs Cameroon – 14 June
- Netherlands vs Japan – 19 June
- Cameroon vs Denmark – 19 June
- Denmark vs Japan – 24 June
- Cameroon vs Netherlands – 24 June
Group F Matches
- Italy vs Paraguay – 14 June
- New Zealand vs Slovakia – 15 June
- Slovakia vs Paraguay – 20 June
- Italy vs New Zealand – 20 June
- Slovakia vs Italy – 24 June
- Paraguay vs New Zealand – 24 June
Group G Matches
- Cote d’Ivoire vs Portugal – 15 June
- Brazil vs North Korea – 15 June
- Brazil vs Cote d’Ivoire – 20 June
- Portugal vs North Korea – 21 June
- Portugal vs Brazil – 25 June
- North Korea vs Cote d’Ivoire – 25 June
Group H Matches
- Honduras vs Chile – 16 June
- Spain vs Switzerland – 16 June
- Chile vs Switzerland – 21 June
- Spain vs Honduras – 21 June
- Chile vs Spain – 25 June
- Switzerland vs Honduras – 25 June
Other FIFA 2010 News and Photos
2010 South Africa World Cup’s official logo:
South Africa’s Siphiwe Tshabalala scores South Africa’s first goal against Mexico, which is also the opening goal of FIFA 2010:
Tshabalala celebrates after scoring the opening goal during the World Cup 2010′s group A soccer match between South Africa and Mexico at Soccer City Stadium on 11 June:
Find the latest World Cup news on scores, standings, players, national teams, fixtures, world rankings, statistics, and downloads through FIFA’s official website.
Techcrunch put up this guide for you to keep track of World Cup 2010.
Search engines Google, Baidu and Bing changed the logos on the web search pages to welcome 2010′s FIFA World Cup in South Africa.
Google.com’s 2010 FIFA World Cup Logo:
Baidu.com’s 2010 FIFA World Cup Logo:
Bing.com’s 2010 FIFA World Cup Logo:
www.Hao123.com is the largest Chinese web directory that is owned by Chinese number one search engine Baidu.com. Baidu has made changes to improve the site usability of Hao123.com since acquiring it in 2004.
Hao123.com homepage’s current appearance:
Let’s look at how Hao123.com’s homepage has changed over the years.
The archived images of Hao123.com’s homepages can be found on Internet Archive (the way-back machine).
Manage your website through Google Webmaster Tools to:
- Set your site’s SEO geo targeting
- Manage Google Sitelinks
- Look at search queries and links to your website
- Find potential issues on your site through crawl stats, crawl errors, and fetch as Googlebot
- Find out your website page load time
Site Verification in Google Webmaster Tools
Verify your site’s ownership with one of the 4 methods before using Google Webmaster Tools:
- HTML File Verification: Upload a given file to your web server’s root directory.
- Meta Tag Verification: Add a given META tag to your site’s homepage.
- DNS Record Verification: Verify ownership of an entire domain including all sub-domains of that site at once.
- Google Analytics Asynchronous Tracking Code Verification: Link your Google Webmaster Tools account to Google Analytics.
Go through the list of site verification errors if you are unable to verify your site.
Add Sites to Google Webmaster Tools
Each Google Webmaster Tools account allows you to add up to 1000 websites, including sites with subdomains and/or subfolders. For example:
Verification for Blogger Blogs and Google Sites
- To verify a blogger blog automatically, use the same Google Account for both your blogger blog and Google Webmaster Tools. If you have an older blogger blog, verify with the META tag verification method.
- To verify a Google Site, use the META tag verification method.
Google Webmaster Tools for Multiple Users
In the past when more than one user need to access your Google Webmaster Tools account for a site, you could:
- Allow one Google Account to be shared by all site owners.
- Have each site owner verify the site separately (through META tag or HTML file verification method).
Now through the “Manage Verification Page”, you can add verified users to your Google Webmaster Tools account.
You can remove an owner from your Google Webmaster Tools account by unverifying his access at any time.
Keyword stuffing is a black hat SEO technique used by webmasters to boost a website’s organic search engine ranking. Webmasters “stuff keywords” by ensuring the same keywords appear on a webpage excessive number of times where user experience is usually sacrificed. Keyword stuffing is completely outdated and adds no value to a website’s search engine rankings today.
Keyword Stuffing Definitions
Wikipedia defines keyword stuffing as:
An unethical search engine optimization (SEO) technique.
Google officially defines keyword stuffing as:
The practice of loading a webpage with keywords in an attempt to manipulate a site’s ranking in Google’s search results.
Do a Google web search on “Keyword Stuffing” and Google Wonder Wheel tool relates “Keyword Stuffing” to:
- Keyword Stuffing Example
- Keyword Stuffing Search Engines
- Keyword Density
- Keyword Stuffing Limit
- Check Keyword Stuffing
- Keyword Stuffing Webmaster Help Center
- Black Hat SEO
- Inbound Links
Google’s Related Searches shows keyword stuffing relates to:
- Keyword spamming
- Link farms
- Link Baiting
- Doorway Pages
Keyword Stuffing Techniques
Keyword stuffing’s purpose is to increase the keyword density of a webpage. Keyword density is the number of occurrences that a given keyword appears on a web page. The more times a keyword appears on a page, the more weight the keyword is given by the search engines when a search query matches keyword.
The black hat SEO techniques of keyword stuffing include:
- Placing repeated keywords in the body of a webpage where readability and the meaning of the content are neglected.
- Hiding keywords on a webpage by making the text the same color as the background.
- Stuffing keywords in META keywords tags or in comment tags.
- Over-filling image alt tags with long strings of keywords.
- Placing keywords in cascade style sheet (CSS).
- Filling keywords in noscript tags.
Avoid Keyword Stuffing
Google and other major search engines today no longer gives good rankings to pages employing keyword stuffing techniques.
- Google’s Matt Cutts insists avoiding keyword stuffing.
- SEO Black Hat explains how search engine detects keyword stuffing techniques.
Web Page Content, User Experience, Related Keyword Research
Keyword stuffing is strongly discouraged as this method:
- Detracts the readability and usability of your web pages.
- Creates negative user experience and high web analytics bounce rate to your site.
When creating website content, focus on user experience by creating useful and informative content that uses keywords in context and without repeating the same keywords excessively. Use keywords that are highly related to the core keywords of your web pages. Use keyword research tools to find the related keywords:
- SEM keyword research tools
- Google Wonder Wheel tool
- Google search-based keyword tool
- Google Insights for Search
For Chinese keywords, use:
Google changed the official logo to the classic Pac-man icon game interface to celebrate the Pac-man games’ 30th birthday/anniversary.
Blogoscoped provides more explanations on this Pacman game and Pacman’s history.
If you have a Yahoo Search Marketing (PPC) account, then you are eligible to use Yahoo Web Analytics.
Set Up Yahoo Web Analytics (YWA)
To set up Yahoo Web Analytics for your website, add a URL (project). Insert the YWA code snippet onto every web pages of your site.
Yahoo Web Analytics (YWA) Basic Reports
Yahoo Web Analytics offers many basic web analytics reports including Traffic Summary Report:
And Pageview Distribution by Hour Report:
Under the Search Engines and Referrers Reports, Yahoo Web Analytics provides conventional traffic sources reports on search engines, search phrases (search engine keywords), organic search engines, organic search phrases, referring domains, and referring URLs (Google Analytics does not offer this last report).
Yahoo Web Analytics (YWA) Demographics Reports
Yahoo Web Analytics uses data from Yahoo’s existing user base to generate/segment several visitor reports, such as Visitors by Interest Categories Report:
And Visitors by Yahoo Properties Report:
Demographics reports including Age Report, Gender Report, and Age and Gender Report of your site’s visitors are all available in Yahoo Web Analytics.
Other Yahoo Web Analytics Features
Through Settings Panels of Yahoo Web Analytics, you can:
- Manage user access rights
- Create segmentation
- Create custom reports
- Schedule reports
- Track PPC campaigns
- Customize merchandising categories
- Run scenario analysis
- Manage custom fields
Domain and URL Grouping
Your website may have different URLs that are hosting identical content
(e.g. www.my-site.com/ and www.my-site.com/index.php), but the URLs are displayed as two different web pages (or line items) in all your web analytics reports.
To overcome this problem, use Yahoo Web Analytics’ domain and URL grouping feature to rewrite one domain or URL to another. In all the reports featuring the URL value, the data of the defined group will be added together to display aggregate data.« Newer Posts — Older Posts »