Submitting your Russian website to Yandex Russian search engine (Yandex.ru), the largest Russian language search engine, and submitting your English site to Yandex.com, Yandex’s English language search engine, is the first step for your site’s Yandex search engine optimization (SEO).
Submit Sites to Yandex
When submitting sites to Yandex:
If your site has:
- Subdomains (e.g.
www.example.com, subdomain1.example.com, subdomain2.example.com), add your main site and subdomains separately in Yandex’s Webmaster Tool.
- Secured page in
https://, you will have to explicitly specify.
Site Verification on Yandex Webmaster Tool
Yandex Webmaster Tool requires you to verify your site through one of the 3 methods:
- Upload an empty file as specified in Yandex’s naming convention to your site’s root directory (e.g.
- Add META tag (e.g.
meta name='yandex-verification' content='XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX')
- Add DNS record in text format (e.g.
Once your site is verified in Yandex’s Webmaster Tool, it will be included in the site submission queue.
Submit XML Sitemap to Yandex
Submitting your site’s XML Sitemap will help Yandex’s spider to discover all your web pages.
Yandex Webmaster Tool
Yandex Webmaster Tool provides information about your website:
- Your site’s internal links
- External backlinks pointing to your site
- Validation of your site’s Robots.txt file
- Yandex’s organic search traffic statistics to your site, including average positions, impressions, clicks, and CTR
- Your web pages (URLs) that are eligible to show up as sitelinks (quick links) in Yandex’s SERP – Yandex’s sitelinks show up between page’s clickable title (headline) and description snippet of your search result’s
Through Yandex Webmaster Tool, you can:
- Submit your site’s XML Sitemap to Yandex
- Set regional targeting for your site – When searches are initiated from your region, your web pages may rank higher in Yandex’s organic search results