If you own local business stores with physical addresses, submit your business websites to Google’s, Yahoo’s and Bing’s local business listings. Search engine users find local businesses through Google Maps, Yahoo Maps and Bing Maps, so inclusion to search engines’ local business listings will increase your sites’ chances of getting found through Google, Yahoo and Bing.
Google Places (or Google’s Business Listings)
Listing your local business on Google Places is free. Your business listing can include:
- Phone numbers
- Physical addresses with ZIP codes
- Hours of operation
- Website URL
- Printable coupons
Google Places allows you to edit individual locations or add/update up to 10,000 locations through Excel spreadsheet format. Your local business listings can take up to 4 weeks to appear on Google Maps after submission.
Submit your website to Google Places. Google officially offers:
Yahoo Local Listing Center
Yahoo offers 2 types of local listings:
- Basic Listing: You can display a free business listing that consists of phone number, physical address, and web site URL, store hours, and a short description of products and services.
- Enhanced Listing: You pay USD 9.95 per month to include all the features of a Basic Listing, and can display company logo with tagline, up to 10 photos, detailed business descriptions and online coupons.
Submit your website to Yahoo Local Listing Center.
Bing Local Listing Center
Microsoft Bing Search Engine offers Bing Local Listing Center which is free.
For example, Bing Local Listing for a local restaurant shows the website URL, locations on Bing’s Maps, editorial reviews and users’ reviews.
Submit your website to Bing Local Listing Center.
SEO Geo-targeting for Small Websites, Local Websites
Besides listing your site on Google Places, Yahoo Local Listing Center and Bing Local Listing Center, optimize your websites for geo-locations:
- SEO geo targeting for a single country
- SEO geo targeting for multiple countries
- SEO tips, marketing tips for small websites
Discover your sites’ search engine optimization issues with the search engines’ official webmaster tools and improve on SEO: