Baidu PPC (Baidu Professional Edition and Baidu Classic Edition) does not offer conversion tracking capabilities by keywords. The workaround is to set up Baidu Web Analytics to track and record Baidu PPC’s conversions.
Enable Web Analytics
Enable Baidu Web Analytics for your website from within your Baidu PPC account.
Insert Conversion Tracking Code Snippet
Insert the tracking code snippet of Baidu Web Analytics. Baidu Web Analytics gives you two sets of code snippets:
- The optional code snippet that goes to the header of each web page
- The compulsory code snippet that goes to the bottom of your conversion success page
To track your Baidu PPC conversions, you will only need to embed the “compulsory” code onto your conversion success page (or thank you page).
Create URL Tags
Create unique tags for each of your keyword via the Destination URL Builder. Use the constructed URLs as your keywords’ destination URLs in your Baidu PPC account.
With each keyword, you will have to provide values for your campaign’s source, medium, name and keyword, and tag them to your destination URL. “Campaign Creative” is the only optional parameter.
- Destination URL: e.g. http://www.gordonchoi.com/about
- Campaign Source (hmsr): e.g. baidufc
- Campaign Medium (hmmd): e.g. ppc
- Campaign Name (hmpl): e.g. about gordon choi
- Campaign Keyword (hmkw): e.g. gordon choi
- Campaign Creative (hmci): e.g. ad1
The successful constructed destination URL would look like:
Keyword Conversion Tracking of Other PPC Programs
You can also track keyword conversions of other PPC programs via Baidu Web Analytics in the same way.