The 5 reasons why I Am still blogging after many years:
- Contribute to the Search Engine Marketing World – I have learned so much about all things of SEM/PPC/SEO during all these past years, and believe I should contribute back to the SEM world by sharing my knowledge.
- I like WordPress – My Blog is now on WordPress: WordPress is great and powerful web publishing tool, besides many other benefits. WordPress is easy and convenient for anyone (from no to any levels of coding/programming experience) to release user-generated content to the web. From the very beginning WordPress made it easy for creating SEO friendly URLs, whether you are creating a website or a blog. You can find too many free, useful WordPress addons/plugins to improve your site / blog.
- Learn from Web Analytics – Running a website or a blog allows you to use free web analytics tools such as Google Analytics to monitor your site’s visitor/traffic. Learning where your blog’s traffic are coming from, and what web pages are being searched and viewed the most allow you to offer better content and create a better website for your visitors.
- Become a Webmaster – Running a website or a blog makes you a webmaster. Being a webmaster you should make good use of Google Webmaster Tools which provides information on SEO and technical issues that your site may have.
- Build Online Resume: Show your expertise on your blog to complement your LinkedIn Resume.
PPC Topics Shared
I have shared many PPC topics over the years that include:
- PPC Optimization Tips
- Google Adwords PPC Optimization Tips
- Google Adwords Quality Score
- Baidu Phoenix Nest PPC vs Google Adwords
- Google SEM Tools 2011 Update
SEO / PPC Gurus
I absolutely need to mention these names as over the past years I have learned so much from these PPC / SEO / Site Optimization gurus:
- Vinny Lingham – Figured out Google Adwords advanced optimization techniques in the early days back in 2003, and also an entrepreneur of 2 start-ups, Clicks2Customers.com and Yola.com
- Stephen Noton – Over the years, Google been updating the organic ranking algorithms. However, even before new organic ranking algorithms went live, Stephen often has figured out Google’s trends. He has helped different global companies as an SEO consultant with his SEO methods for many years. Stephen has offered his understanding in Google, Yahoo and Bing search algorithms.
- Zhang, Guoping – Offers systematic approach to create a large website that is scalable, trackable and SEO friendly. Guoping emphases on the importance of creating SEO dashboard reports and has developed some SEO tools for free download.
- Ryee – Has years of experience in Chinese SEO for high-traffic and large user-generated content sites down to every single tiny details.
Derrick Wheeler and Avinash Kaushik are the 2 other experts who I have never met in person but are required mentioning.
- Derrick Wheeler, Microsoft’s Chief SEO Architect: Handles SEO for Microsoft’s mega websites.
- Avinash Kaushik, Web Analytics expert: Offers insights, high-level thoughts and every aspect on Web Analytics through his blog.