Yahoo is to discontinue and shut down MyBlogLog (www.mybloglog.com), a social network site for bloggers and the blogging community, that was originally developed by Cloudspace and was acquired by Yahoo in January 2007.
How to Use MyBlogLog
MyBlogLog allowed bloggers to create their communities and be identified as bloggers.
- MyBlogLog offered a web widget that can be installed on users’ blogs.
- Each MyBlogLog user could start a blog community by submitting his/her one or multiple blogs and allow other MyBlogLog users to bookmark/share his/her blogs.
- Through the web widget installed on the MyBlogLog user’s blog, blog visitors could visit that MyBlogLog user’s blog community page and interact with that MyBlogLog user and other MyBlogLog users.
- MyBlogLog users could display the snippets of their blog posts on their MyBlogLog community pages through RSS feeds.
Yahoo to Discontinue MyBlogLog
An official email from Yahoo announcing MyBlogLog will be closed in May 2011:
Dear MyBlogLog Customer,
You have been identified as a customer of Yahoo! MyBlogLog. We will officially discontinue Yahoo! MyBlogLog effective May 24, 2011. Your agreement with Yahoo!, to the extent that it applies to the Yahoo! MyBlogLog, will terminate on May 24, 2011.
A note on MyBlogLog’s homepage recommending MyBlogLog users to move to Yahoo Pulse:
MyBlogLog will no longer be in service from 24 May 2011. We recommend Yahoo! Pulse as a service for you to see all your social updates from your favorite networks in one place.
MyBlogLog’s Histories, Milestones
Techcrunch, ReadWriteWeb and Mashable reported on MyBlogLog’s milestones and histories from 2006 to 2011.
- MyBlogLog communities, MySpace for blog readers – Jun 2006
- Readers network around their favorite blogs – Oct 2006
- Adding community to blogs – Oct 2006
- MyBlogLog adds MySpace support – Dec 2006
- Yahoo buys MyBlogLog – Jan 2007
- MyBlogLog integrates Flickr – Jan 2007
- Yahoo to finally upgrade MyBlogLog – May 2007
- Merging of MyBlogLog and Yahoo accounts – Sep 2007
- The significance of the MyBlogLog API – Jan 2008
- Yahoo’s MyBlogLog adds an activity stream feature – Feb 2008
- Yahoo will kill MyBlogLog next month – Dec 2009
- It could have been even bigger than Delicious – Dec 2010
- RIP MyBlogLog – Feb 2011
MyBlogLog’s Legacy Screenshots
MyBlogLog’s home page:
Gordon Choi’s Blog’s MyBlogLog community page: