Xero Accounts Receivable Aging Report
The Accounts Receivable Aging Report in Xero can keep track of all unpaid invoices for your small business.
The accounts receivable aging report shows the details of each customer invoice with the number of days the unpaid invoice is overdue.
The actions that you and/or any small business owner can take immediately after reviewing the report may involve the overdue invoices and the invoices with due dates that are about to pass.
For invoices with due date that has not passed but is about to pass:
- Manually send an email to your customer a few days before the invoice is due.
- Set up an email to be sent automatically to your customer a few days before the invoice is due.
For invoices with due date that has already passed:
- Manually send an email to your customer who has an overdue invoice.
- Set up a few automated emails. The first email is to be sent automatically to your customer who has an invoice that is overdue for a certain number of days. Another follow-up email is set to be automatically sent after another few days if the invoice has not been paid.
- A more direct approach is to directly call/phone your customer and remind him/her about any unpaid invoices.
The accounts receivable aging report should give you the ability and insights to forecast and plan.
When you review your accounts receivable aging report on a weekly basis, you will be able to:
- Show trends on how long it has taken your customers to make payments (after you have delivered services).
- Forecast incoming cash flow based on the past incoming flow.
200+ Free Traffic Sources - The Complete List
Promote Your Website with Free Traffic
Get the Complete List as a PDF Document
What is Accounts Receivable Aging?
Accounts receivable is the money due to a supplier/vendor (i.e. seller) from a customer (i.e. buyer) where the money amount has not yet been paid.
The amount owed is shown on invoice which is sent to the customer from the supplier/vendor.
In accounting when an invoice is created/issued, a credit is granted to the customer.
Accounts receivable is a current asset on the balance sheet of a specific customer.
Accounts receivable aging
Accounts receivable aging refers to a report that reveals a list of unpaid customer invoices and unused credit notes by date ranges (i.e. 30-day or less, 31-60 days, 61-90 days, etc).
A small business owner can use the information in the accounts receivable aging report to evaluate how well or bad his/her company has been collecting due payments (from his/her customers).
The owner can create action plans to collect unpaid debts (i.e. overdue payments) according to the information in the report.
Create Your Accounts Receivable Aging Report (in Xero)
In your Xero account, click the Accounting tab.
Under the Sales sub heading, you will see 7 reports:
- Aged Receivables Detail
- Aged Receivables Summary
- Customer Invoice Report
- Aged Receivables
- Income by Contact
- Receivable Invoice Detail
- Receivable Invoice Summary
Aged Receivables Detail Report
The aged receivables detail report (in Xero) shows the customer contact, invoice date, due date, invoice number, etc.
The aged receivables detail report shows the customer contact, invoice date, due date, invoice number, etc.
Based on the information in the report, it lets to quickly see which customers you will have to follow up with for their overdue invoices.
For an invoice which is overdue, the report will display the number of days it is past due. For example 1-30 days (or 1 month), 31-60 days (or 2 months), 61-90 days (or 3 months), etc.
When an invoice is current and is not due yet, the overdue dates will not show.
Aged Receivables Summary Report
The aged receivables summary report displays the summarized information of the aged receivables detail report.
The report is a list of all contacts who have contributed to a total amount with current and/or past due amounts (i.e. 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, older).
You can view the invoice details by clicking any of the totals in the report. This lets you drill down to all the invoices which has contributed to the total amount.
Receivable Invoice Detail Report
The receivable invoice detail report shows line item details of all the outstanding invoices, credit notes, over-payments and pre-payments.
Receivable Invoice Summary Report
The receivable invoice summary report displays the summarized information of receivable invoice detail report.
The report does not show all the line items of an invoice. Each invoice is summarized in one row with invoice number, contact, invoice date, expected date, reference, balance, source, and invoice sent.
You can click a row (in the report) to view additional details of an invoice or credit note.
Articles on Technology Topics
- Screencastify Chrome Extension
- Python Turtle Programming for Kids
- Thunderbird Email Signature
- Stop Spotify from Opening on Startup
- Folx Mac Free Torrent File Download
- Add Subtitle Track to VLC on Mac & Windows
- Evernote Dark Mode
- Linksys Router Setup
- Reset ASUS Router to Factory Settings
- Xero Accounting Software (Small Business Guide)
ARTICLES ON Traffic & SEO TOPICS
Rank Your Site on Google’s 1st Page – Google’s Mobile-first Index ranks web pages based on their mobile version. Optimize your site for mobile to load super fast and display well on all devices.