With MySmartBlinds, convert your horizontal blinds into automated blinds.
Control the light levels of your room (or house) in summer and winter with the built-in temperature sensors.
Set up your blinds to be fully automated blinds.
Remotely control your blinds while you’re away from home.
Put your blinds on schedule – Set when exactly to open and close the blinds.
Your automated blinds are powered by the blinds motor which can be charged with solar power. This saves energy.
It’s super easy to set up and use MySmartBlinds with one of the methods (or sets of devices) below:
- MySmartBlinds App with Your Mobile Phone – The simplest and quickest way.
- Smart Switch – Offers basic functions.
- Smart Bridge – Enables home automation hub including Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
- Automation Kit – You’ll have the full set.
Topics of this article:
200+ Free Traffic Sources - The Complete List
Promote Your Website with Free Traffic
Get the Complete List as a PDF Document
MySmartBlinds App with Your Mobile Phone
The first and the simplest way to use MySmartBlinds to automate your blinds is to use your mobile phone.
All you have to do is to download the MySmartBlinds app onto your phone.
iPhone / iPad
For iOS (when you’re using an iPhone or iPad):
Your iPhone must be on iOS 10 or newer versions.
The iOs devices that are compatible with MySmartBlinds app:
- iPhone 5, 5s, 5c, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, X.
- iPad Pro 9.7″, 10.5″, 12.9″, iPad Air & Air 2, iPad 4th generation, The iPad Mini 2, 3, 4.
For Android phones:
Make sure you have the latest version of Android operating system installed on your phone.
The Android devices that are compatible with MySmartBlinds app:
- Samsung Galaxy S7, S8
- Samsung Note 8
- Google Pixel (Not Pixel 2, Pixel XL)
- Google Nexus 5
With the app and your phone, no additional purchase or device is required. i.e. No additional cost to you.
The next simplest way to use MySmartBlinds is to use the Smart Switch.
- Smart Switch is a simple-to-use physical switch which lets you control MySmartBlinds.
- Without your mobile phone, the Smart Switch is your primary device to remotely control your window blinds.
- The Smart Switch itself is a standalone remote which lets you remotely control your blinds from within Bluetooth distance.
- With a Smart Switch, you can override scheduled preferences with the push of a button.
- The Smart Switch comes with a wall plate. You can easily stick the Smart Switch wall plate to any flat surface (i.e. wall) in your home.
You’ll have to purchase this Smart Switch.
You may be using Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant as your home automation hub or system. But how do you integrate MySmartBlinds with Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant for your home automation system?
Buy the Smart Bridge.
With a Smart Bridge, you can control your blinds outside of bluetooth distance, and you can integrate MySmartBlinds into Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant.
The Smart Bridge lets you control your mobile phone from anywhere. You can use voice control with your blinds.
What if you want to move your blinds when you’re out of home? You can!
When you’re away from home, you can send a command from the MySmartBlinds app (which is installed on your phone), which sends the command over the internet connection to your Smart Bridge. Your Smart Bridge receives the command and will send a Bluetooth command to your MySmartBlinds device i.e. Move your blinds.
My Smart Blinds Automation Kit
MySmartBlinds has the Automation Kit available (as a separate purchase) which includes a motor box, battery pack, solar panel, manual switch road adapters for all tilt rod shapes, cable clips to manage cords, and rubber tubing ends for tilt rod.
The Automation Kit lets you control the tilting of your horizontal blinds on a pre-set schedule. Through the Automation Kit, you can also control your blinds on demand from your phone.
The MySmartBlinds Automation Kit is compatible with brands including: Hunter Douglas, Home Decorators Collection, Norman, Levolor, Springs, allen + roth, Smith & Noble, Budget Blinds, Bali, A Better Blind, Blinds.com, Achim, Kohl’s, justblinds, MyBlinds, Factory Direct, Chicology, Hampton Bay, Maxxmar, Blindster.com, Lafayette, JCPenney, Select Blinds, Kellie Clements, Blindsgalore, Graber, Comfortex, and more.
The Automation Kit can automate all major brands of horizontal 2-3 inch blinds.
However, the Automation Kit is not compatible with vertical blinds, cordless lift blinds, roller shades, or shutters.
The Automation Kit works with only one blind. i.e. You will need one Automation Kit for each blind you would like to automate.
What is Sun Tracking?
Your blinds can track the sunrise and sunset through sun tracking.
Enable sun tracking on your schedule. Your room schedule will track and try continuing to remain at that relationship to the sunrise and sunset throughout the season.
Why do you need Sun Tracking?
Simple reason is you can turn on sun tracking to maintain the same light levels you prefer even as times and seasons change.
An Example to Sun Tracking
A simple example is let’s say your schedule is set to 9am while sun tracking is enabled. Sunrise is going to be at 8am in summer. In this case, you have set your blinds to open one hour after sunrise.
When in winter the sunrise comes at 9am, your blinds will open at 10am. This keeps the light levels in your room (or house) consistent throughout.
Mount Types of Blinds
What are the different blind mount types?
- Blinds inside window sill with standard dry wall.
- Blinds inside window sill/frame with materials being metal, tile, or marble.
- Blinds outside window sill/frame.
For blinds inside window sill, make sure:
- At least 3 inches of depth are on your window sill.
- The blinds should sit inside of your window sill.
- The material of your window sill is standard dry wall. Metal, tile, or marble won’t work.
- This allows for SmartLock Easy Install Technology to be used with your blinds
For blinds inside window sill/frame with materials being metal, tile, or marble, make sure:
- At least 3 inches of depth are on your window sill/frame.
- The blinds should sit inside of your window sill/frame.
- The material of your window sill/frame is not standard but a custom material such as metal, tile, or marble.
- You get standard brackets that you are to screw or mount inside your window frame.
For blinds outside window sill/frame, make sure:
- Less than 3 inches of depth are on your window sill/frame.
- The blinds should sit outside of your window sill/frame.
ARTICLES ON Traffic & SEO TOPICS
Rank Your Site on Google’s 1st Page – Google’s Mobile-first Index ranks web pages based on their mobile version. Optimize your site for mobile to load super fast and display well on all devices.