Shopify Name Generator
What is Shopify Name Generator?
Shopify Name Generator (or Shopify Business Generator, or Shopify Domain Generator) is an official tool provided by Shopify. The tool lets store owners or anyone check the availability of brand names before they are to use the names as their website’s domain name or business name.
Why using a Business/Domain Name Generator?
When starting a new Shopify eCommerce website, you’ll need a new business name, brand name or domain name for the website.
Not only any name, your Shopify website needs a great brand (or business) name when it is used as a dropshipping business or an eCommerce store.
Coming up with a name for your Shopify website may be difficult. Often you have a favorite name idea, but the domain isn’t available or is too expensive to buy.
How to name your Shopify store?
Shopify Name Generator can provide multiple suggestions for your Shopify website.
Shopify provides a business / website / brand name generator for free which may get you unlimited business names as ideas. Through Shopify’s name generating tool, you get Brand names with available domains.
Shopify’s business name generator does provide name generators for some specific stores including clothing, fashion, jewelry, baby, craft, flower, boutique, or furniture stores.
The best brand name resonates with your main audience and lets you tell your startup story.
Using the Shopify Name Generator, and/or other business/domain name generators and registering a new domain name for your web store is a streamline process.
- You sign up your Shopify account, and set up your online store.
- During the setup, you can register your website’s domain through Shopify.
Let’s examine the topics below about Shopify Name Generator.
- Name Generator
- Name Your Startup Seriously
- Factors to Consider when Naming Your Business
- Marketing Tips to Your Business Name
- Strategy to Develop Your Brand
- Simple Steps to Get a Business Name
- Trademark Your Business Name
- Business Name Generators
- Launch Your Online Store with Shopify
Name generator is a type of tool to give you names which are available and is closely related to your business, company, brand, or website.
A name generator is usually a free web-based tool. You enter a keyword (which is related to your business, company, brand, or website), and the tool will show a full list of all available domain names.
You choose one name from the list and register as your website’s domain name with a web hosting service (e.g. SiteGround).
You should find out everything about creating a great brand name for your shopify store.
Name Your Startup Seriously
A brand name won’t make up for the major shortcoming of your product, but having a strong business name will help distinguish your startup company from thousands of competitors. Your business name is your company’s image, brand, and position in the marketplace.
The right name may become the integral part in the marketing of your startup, and help your customers to choose you before your competitors.
The name has to sound professional and serious for your startup.
Factors to Consider When Naming Your Business
Consider your mission statement, your business plan and your unique selling points.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- What message do you want to pass through your business name?
- How will the business name be related to your products?
- Do you want a name which is descriptive, or invented? Or should the name include the founder’s name?
- What do you want people to think and feel when they see your brand name?
- How do you want your brand name to distinguish from the competitors? Short and simple, unique, or directly related to your products and services?
Marketing Tips to Your Business Name
Having a brand / business / website name which is marketable is very important.
- Make sure you can pronounce the brand name, and anyone else can pronounce it.
- Make sure the business name is easy to spell, in a single way. A bad example is CashForYou, Cash4You, Cash4U, etc.
- The shorter the better.
- Choose a business name that is memorable.
- Whenever possible, go for a .com domain.
- Don’t include hyphens “-” in the domain names.
Strategy to Develop Your Brand
Your brand name should blend well into your business strategy.
- Identify your overall business strategy.
- Identify your target clients (or audience).
- Research your target client (as a group of audience).
- Develop your brand positioning.
- Develop your marketing strategy.
- Develop your brand name, tagline and logo.
- Develop your content (including text articles, images, videos, etc).
- Develop your website.
Simple Steps to Get a Business Name
Step 1: Conduct a brainstorming session to come up with a business name that resonates with your main product.
Step 2: Make a list of 5-10 names which you feel suitable.
Step 3: Check business name / domain name availability through one of the name generators.
Step 4: Register the domain name through either Shopify or one of the web hosting service providers.
Trademark Your Business Name
To ensure you own the name, you should register a trademark through the US Patent and Trademark Office’s website.
Business Name Generators
The web address of Shopify Name Generator:
Below are a list of 25 business name generators.
- Shopify Name Generator
- Name Mesh
- Cool Name Generator
- Business Name Generator
- Anadea’s Business Name Generator
- Getsocio’s Free Business Name Generator
- Freshbooks Business Name Generator
- NameStation’s Domain Name Generator
- NetSubstance’s Brand Name Generator
- Hipster Business Name
- FitSmallBusiness’s Business Name Generator
Launch Your Online Store with Shopify
Find the Best Niche for Your Shopify Store
- Most Profitable Niches with low competition
- An automated niche discovery and/or Shopify spy tool: Nichescraper
Dropshipping, Products & Suppliers
- Dropsurfing vs Dropshipping – Is dropshipping dead?
- Oberlo Chrome Extension – Import products quickly from Aliexpress
Shopify Online Store Setup
- How to Set Up a Shopify Store? A Step-by-step guide.
- How to Install Google Analytics on Shopify? Track the performance of your Shopify store.
- Klaviyo Setup on Shopify Website – A tool to create email marketing campaigns and marketing automation campaigns, including cart abandoned email campaigns to recover the almost lost customers.