Stop Spotify from Opening on Startup
When you have your Spotify app downloaded and installed to your Mac computer (i.e. Macbook) for the first time, you are excited to use the Spotify app often.
But after a while, you may notice Spotify opens every time you startup your Mac, and that’s not what you want anymore.
Opening up automatically on startup every single time is a default setting.
Fortunately there are multiple ways to disable/stop Spotify from opening up on its own. The methods are easy.
The same applies to Windows (if you’re using a Windows computer).
200+ Free Traffic Sources - The Complete List
Promote Your Website with Free Traffic
Get the Complete List as a PDF Document
Mac - Stop Spotify from Opening on Startup in Spotify Settings
How can you quickly stop Spotify from opening on startup on a Mac?
One method is to make the changes in your Spotify app’s Settings.
You should stop/disable the automatic startup.
- Open the Spotify app on your Mac (if it is not yet opened). You can click the Launchpad and enter Spotify in the search box.
- When Spotify has opened, click on the app (to ensure it is the active app at the moment). From the top menu bar on the screen, click Spotify, and then click Preferences.
- While on the Preferences screen, scroll all the way down to the bottom. Click “Show Advanced Settings”.
- Under the “Startup and Windows Behaviour” section, select “No”.
Mac - Stop Spotify from Opening on Startup in System Preferences
While on Mac, you can disable/stop Spotify from opening on startup in your Macbook’s System Preferences
- Open system preferences. You can click the Launchpad and type System Preferences in the search box.
- Click Users & Groups in the System Preferences menu.
- Select Login Items.
- Click the plus sign (+) symbol which should be at the bottom.
- Clicks Applications. Select Spotify. Click Add.
- Check the checkbox under the Hide column.
Windows - Stop Spotify from Opening on Startup in Spotify Settings
You can always prevent Spotify from starting when your Windows computer boots by disabling automatic startup.
- Open Spotify.
- Click Edit. Click Preferences.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom. Select “Show Advanced Settings”.
- Go to the “Startup and Window Behaviour” section.
- Under “Open Spotify automatically after you log into the computer”, select “No”.
Windows - Stop Spotify from Opening on Startup in Task Manager
On Windows, you can also stop/disable Spotify from opening on startup in Window’s Task Manager.
- Open the Task Manager by right clicking a blank area on the taskbar.
- Select the Startup tab.
- Select and click right Spotify. Select Disable.
ARTICLES ON Traffic & SEO TOPICS
Rank Your Site on Google’s 1st Page – Google’s Mobile-first Index ranks web pages based on their mobile version. Optimize your site for mobile to load super fast and display well on all devices.