China Mobile SEO Book
I have written “The China Mobile SEO Book” for Chinese SEO / Baidu SEO.
Optimize your websites for higher Baidu ranking with the step-by-step SEO strategies.
- My SEO book is about “Mobile Websites Optimized for Speed” and “Measured through Analytics”.
- You will learn how to build your website to rank organically on the Chinese search engines, and track your website’s performance.
- My SEO book has over 200 pages specifically focused on Chinese and/or Baidu SEO best practices.
- You will learn about local search engines including Baidu, sm.cn (a Chinese mobile search engine) and more.
- You won’t simply copy what works on Google SEO directly to Chinese SEO (when working on Baidu).
- You will learn to properly use Baidu’s keyword tool and Baidu (Zhanzhang) Webmaster Tool.
- You will learn how to create the full set of SEO reports which will help you to make decisions for optimization.
The China Mobile SEO Book has five chapters.
Follow the Chapters as steps to take your websites to higher Chinese search engine ranking on Baidu.
- Chapter 01 discusses the options available to create your mobile website strategies that will best suit the mobile users and search engines in the Chinese market. It demonstrates how each strategy should be implemented.
- Chapter 02 discusses the topics that must thoroughly be thought through and must be implemented for your mobile website’s SEO.
- Chapter 03 discusses the web performance techniques and how to implement the techniques in order to improve your website’s performance i.e. Load speed.
- Chapter 04 provides a Google Analytics crash course to prepare you the required knowledge for the next chapter’s implementation.
- Chapter 05 demonstrates the implementation of the full set of data analytics reports that will enable you to track and measure your SEO projects’ performance. The tracked data and measured performance will enable you to make key decisions for SEO performance.
You can buy my book through this Amazon link
TABLE of content
Chapter 01: Mobile Website Strategies and Implementation Part 1
- 1.1 Zhanzhang (Webmaster)
- 1.2 Mobile Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- 1.3 How Search Engines Work
- 1.4 Big Picture: The Chinese Search Engines
- 1.5 Baidu’s Search Engine Results Page
- 1.6 The Scope of Mobile SEO
- 1.7 Mobile User Experience Factors
- 1.8 HTML5
- 1.9 The Building Blocks of a Mobile Website
- 1.10 The Mobile SEO Plan
- 1.11 One Website (For All Devices)
- 1.12 Separated Mobile Website
- 1.13 Responsive Design
- 1.14 Dynamic Serving
- 1.15 The Best Mobile Website Strategy Option
Chapter 02: Mobile Website Strategies and Implementation Part 2
- 2.1 Setup of the Zhanzhang Tools
- 2.2 Choose a Domain Name for the New Mobile Website
- 2.3 Change a Mobile Website’s Domain Name
- 2.4 The SEO Traffic Formulas
- 2.5 Create a Spider Friendly Mobile Website
- 2.6 Optimize Mobile Website Information Architecture
- 2.7 Create and Implement the Keyword Strategies
- 2.8 Configure a Viewport
- 2.9 Fix Broken Links
- 2.10 Avoid 302 Redirects
- 2.11 Examine the Duplicate Content Issues
Chapter 03: Speed Optimization for Mobile Websites
- 3.1 How Do Web Pages Load?
- 3.2 Page Speed Test Tools
- 3.3 Mobile Website Speed Optimization Techniques
- 3.4 Optimize Web Server Software
- 3.5 Upgrade Web Hosting
- 3.6 Implement Web Browser Caching
- 3.7 Enable File Compression
- 3.9 Combine Multiple CSS Files
- 3.11 Implement Inline CSS
- 3.13 Implement Inline Images
- 3.14 Implement CSS Sprites
- 3.15 Reduce DNS Lookups
- 3.17 Avoid CSS @ Import
- 3.18 Avoid CSS Attributes in HTML Elements
- 3.19 Fix Bad Requests
- 3.20 Avoid Redirects
- 3.21 Implement Content Delivery Network (CDN)
Chapter 04: Analytics Crash Course
- 4.1 Google Analytics, the Default Web Analytics Tool for Your Chinese Mobile Website
- 4.2 Create a New Google Analytics Account
- 4.3 Tracking Code Setup
- 4.4 The Legacy Tracking Codes
- 4.5 Traffic Sources
- 4.6 Add New & Local Chinese Search Engines
- 4.7 Campaign Tracking
- 4.8 Goal Conversions
- 4.9 Ecommerce Tracking
- 4.10 Dimensions & Metrics
- 4.11 Custom Dimensions & Custom Metrics
- 4.12 Calculated Metrics
- 4.13 Custom Reports
- 4.14 Custom Alerts
- 4.15 Self Referrals
- 4.16 Data Sampling
Chapter 05: Mobile SEO Data Analytics
- 5.1 The Mobile SEO Data Funnel
- 5.2 Indexation Data
- 5.3 Ranking Data
- 5.4 Session and Conversion Data
- 5.5 Factors Affecting Mobile SEO Traffic & Conversions
- 5.6 Paid search (PPC) & BrandZone Advertising
- 5.7 Paid Search URL Tagging and URL Redirection
- 5.8 Add a New Chinese Search Engine to Google Analytics
- 5.9 Google Analytics Sampled Data
- 5.10 Organic Search Keyword Report
- 5.11 Organic Search Landing Page Report
- 5.12 HTTP Referrer
- 5.13 Baidu Encrypts Organic Keywords
- 5.14 Baidu Tongji & Baidu Zhanzhang
- 5.15 SEO Technical Reports
- 5.16 SEO Data for Competitive Analysis
Who Should Read (Buy) This Book?
Each year, Chinese users have spent more time on their mobile phones. Users are often less patient when using websites on mobile devices than on their desktop computers / laptops. This has led to problems including:
- If your website is not designed (or optimized) for good user experience on mobile devices, then it is not good enough to compete in the Chinese market.
- If your website has not been specifically designed for mobile devices, then your site will not rank well on the mobile version of the Chinese search engines (including Baidu, sm.cn, etc).
You should create a website which is fully optimized for mobile devices and the mobile version of the Chinese search engines.
This book is suitable for people who wants to learn comprehensive information on:
- The Overall Strategies: The high-level strategies which are available to create a mobile optimized website based on the local Chinese search engines’ protocols for the Chinese market. The strategies will enable you to preserve your old website (for desktop users).
- The Website Optimized for Mobile: The long-term and sustainable methods to create a website that is mobile friendly, search engine friendly and user friendly for the Chinese market.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Strategies, methods, tools, and implementation must be included in the SEO of your mobile website, for the overall site optimization and the smallest unit of SEO (i.e. each web page’s optimization).
- Web Performance (i.e. Speed Optimization): The tools for testing and reviewing your mobile web pages for load speed, and the methods to optimize your mobile web pages for load speed.
- Web Analytics Crash Course: The methods to set up your web analytics tool on your mobile website. This sets you up with the required tool for SEO analytics.
- SEO Data Analytics: The methods and tools to collect the required data to develop the full set of SEO analytics which measures every stage of your mobile website’s SEO performance.
Facebook LIKES & COMMENTS
My book has been recommended by over 20 Internet marketing/product experts!
01 – “This book takes the often overlooked factual and scientific approach to doing SEO in China.”
02 – “I have known Gordon for almost 10 years, and he has always been dedicating himself to the data analytics profession. He is one of the earliest online marketing professionals who have spent many years working with multiple markets & search engines whether they are outside of China (e.g. Google) or inside of China (i.e. Baidu). Due to his unique background and experience, Gordon is the ONE who is most suited to have this book written.”
03 – “If you think your-US based optimization strategies and techniques will work for the China market, think again. Searches in China are quickly outpacing the usual suspects like Google and Bing, and internationally focused marketers need to understand the nuances of SEO and analytics for these users. Gordon has created a very thorough guide that should be on every marketer’s book shelf.”
04 – “Gordon covers unique SEO techniques and methods in this book. In mobile internet, SEO performance takes a very different spinning. Furthermore, are your websites tuned to work well with Chinese Search Engines like Baidu and 360? This book takes you into the inner circle of SEO where you can learn must-have knowledge of driving up SEO performance for your mobile websites in China. For readers who are serious about acquiring new users in Chinese market or who are curious about different SEO techniques tuned for Chinese Search Engine, you will learn how-to details of SEO-expertise illustrated in this book.”
05 – “Gordon’s innovative book The China Mobile SEO Book is to help webmasters design and optimize their websites well so as to complete in the fast-growing China mobile search market. With depth and breadth coverage of overall strategies, hands-on web optimization ideas, practical SEO tactics, useful website performance tips, erudite web and SEO data analytics insights, the China SEO heavyweight’s new masterpiece is a must-read.”
06 – “A mobile website strategy is crucial now that information has gone mobile-first. But chapters 4 and 5 of (this book) are the most important of all. This is how you determine if your strategy is working. This book can ensure your digital marketing success.”
07 – “This is a comprehensive and well-written guide that covers many aspects of mobile SEO today, and it is a really excellent source of information on the rapid changes in China’s SEO industry. A must-read book for internet marketers.”
08 – “The China Mobile SEO Book gets right to the heart of what it means to optimize your website for the age of mobile devices. It’s packed full of detailed and helpful tips on how to make your brand more discoverable to Chinese searchers, and gives next –generation tips on how to measure your success.”
09 – “I have worked with Gordon at Ctrip, China’s number one travel booking engine. Gordon possesses vast practical experience in online marketing. Of all the professionals I have encountered, he has come up with the best solutions to integrate analytics into SEO. Gordon has offered this book which is easy to read at the precise time when mobile devices are becoming increasingly popular to users. Gordon’s book presents the topics through the use of local examples and tools in order to demonstrate the effective methods to create mobile websites, manage SEO and integrate multi-screen data. This is a book which should not be missed.”
10 – “The popularity of mobile websites in China is growing exponentially, and so is their competition in search engine rankings. This book covers the up-to-date domain knowledge and best practices that you should know for you to win the SEO battle in China, or to at least stay relevant in the game.”
11 – “In the early years, China’s Internet world consisted of yellow pages sites that have text hyperlinks all over the pages. Nowadays Chinese websites show more fragmented and long-tail characteristics when comparing to overseas websites. Over the past years when I visited Silicon Valley, the US-based specialists have shown much increased willingness to understand the practical SEO methods for the Chinese market. This only shows China’s web traffic ecosystem has developed into considerable complexity and depth. This book combines practical experience and SEO methods that will benefit all SEO professionals targeting the Chinese market.”
12 – “I first came across the world’s leading information through Gordon Twitter and blog when I first started my career 7 years ago. Shortly afterwards I had a time period in which I worked at Ctrip with him. Gordon was one of the few Internet marketing professionals who started from the earliest years, but all these years he has always been able to move forward through the ever fast changing Chinese Internet world. Gordon’s book is the definite practical guide for anyone to quickly acquire the necessary information on Internet technologies before entering the Chinese market.”
13 – “Prior to the publishing of this book, I believe very few people fully understand how China’s large websites absorb users from the local search engines, and those websites’ SEO strategies and tactics. Gordon has always been a great teacher and can always provide the simplest way to solve problems. The people Gordon has taught have all ended up working at large companies including roles of data analytics, operations and online marketing. During his 16 working years when he moved from South Africa to Hong Kong and then to Shanghai, and from search marketing agencies to ecommerce, and then to online travel booking business, he has always been keeping up with search engines. In China’s SEO & PPC, he was the history and the present, and he is our legend.”
14 – “We aren’t sure whether websites that are optimized for desktop users still have much value. But CMOs and Internet professionals definitely recognize the importance of websites that are optimized for mobile users, and the importance of analytics that must apply to mobile sites. The author is an experienced professional in web analytics and website optimization. He is able to share insights, understanding and practical experience in China’s web technologies and local tools. This must be the number one definitive guide for China SEO.”
15 – “This book does not only discuss topics of mobile traffic and conversions. Gordon previously picked up his unique experience when he worked in multiple and versatile roles (i.e. between a coder and digital marketer), cross-cultural environment (i.e. between the China corporate and the International corporate), and small to large organizations. This enables him to take everyone to experience the new world outside of China’s great wall. At least that’s my opinion.”
16 – “This book presents a valuable technology i.e. mobile SEO. The book covers diverse tactics and skills that range from practical to strategic. It is required reading for anyone who wants to get into the world of search engine optimization.”
17 – “Gordon delivers very practical and comprehensive methods of creating SEO friendly mobile websites that are especially for the China’s Internet environment.”
18 – “This book provides very good and deep knowledge on search engine optimization and site speed optimization which are necessary for web app. This is really precious knowledge for mobile web developers and webmasters.”
19 – “This book will help you understand the foundation of running a mobile website in China and how to achieve high ROI from mobile SEO on Baidu & other major search engines in China.”
20 – “Best guide on how to build and maintain your mobile website to enable it to smartly connect with your customers. Strongly recommend to all Internet business CEOs.”
21 – “Search is one of the major methods in which human acquired information. How to efficiently and inexpensively acquire customers through SEO has always been a topic for professionals. After the mobile Internet has emerged, the methods of SEO have to be updated accordingly. Due to his previous work experience at Alibaba and Ctrip, Gordon has expressed the mobile SEO topic in details. The book should be read by those professionals who are doing online marketing.”
You can buy my book through this Amazon link